Thursday, December 23, 2010

IT IS NEARLY CHRISTMAS EVE. REJOICE!

Here I sit on the day before Christmas Eve playing some of my favorite songs for this time of the year. The one theme of most of the songs is the joyful praise of the birth of Christ. How fitting for this time of the year amidst the rush and stress of making sure all have the perfect gift for the holiday before closing time on Christmas Eve. Being in retailing over the years before I retired, I usually did all my shopping at a leisurely pace and had all the shopping done way ahead of time. Sadly, that is not the case any more. Yep, I am now one of the many stressed out shoppers racing around the store like a zombie 5 minutes before closing to get the last gift for some one special. You would think I would know better after all these years but that is not the case.

I guess I should post some thing prophetic, devout, or religious but I am not a prophet, and I don't think I fit the devout model, nor am I religious as most may profess. I may better qualify as a messy believer with off the wall ideas about true faith and God. What I do love is the words spoken by Jesus in the bible. Every time I read them, I feel a closer relationship with Jesus and pray for understanding. It is as if the words were written for this messy sinner to follow exclusively. As matter of fact, those word were written for "all" to follow in order to to be saved.

The stories of Jesus and His miracles by His disciples is riveting causing me to sometimes wish I could some way go back in time to witness first hand His words and feel His healing touch. However, we all know that is impossible or is it? Here is the case where we all must have faith and believe what is written in a book that has endured time as the truth and our guide to salvation in a world clouded with darkness and doubt.

As it is written in Paul's letters to the founding Christian churches, we must openly follow his teachings about the Spiritual Gifts, miracle healing, and the super natural even though many denominations of the faith do not subscribe to such this day and time. When I am open to these teachings, I feel I am closer to God and His will. I just have to cast aside my doubts and openly accept what He wishes as a follower of the faith. I have to let Him lead me, not me lead my self.

God gave us part of Himself in His Son's birth that fateful day two thousand years ago. What could be a more precious and priceless a gift than the birth of Jesus the Messiah and Saviour in the flesh. His birth changed the world and gave hope in a time when despair was rampant then and today. What He promised was salvation and hope for an eternal life in God's kingdom after the death of the sinful flesh if only we would believe, love others, and turn away from sin.

For that I am grateful for a gift that keeps on giving for eternity. In return, I am singing praise and glorifying Jesus for all that He has done for us all on His birthday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!










No comments: