Sunday, June 20, 2010

PRIME TIME WITH GOD: TESTIMONIALS


As I am reflecting on Father's day, I think of my Holy Father and what testimony I have about Him. To be honest, I have not always been the best Christian model for others and He knows that. But yet His love for me and others is never ending. He is always there to lead and guide us through bleak times and good times. Giving encouragement when we please Him and corrections when we wander astray. Offering opportunities to make a difference in some one's life and listening to our prayers. Yes He is a good Father.



This article By O.Hillman came to mind as something we should be doing in honoring our Holy Father.




"I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony." - John 3:11




Over the last several years I have seen two distinct types of Christian workplace believers. One type enthusiastically teaches their Bible knowledge to others. These people, though they may be genuine in their motive, lack one essential ingredient to being effectively used by God - a testimony. The second type of people I have encountered has a genuine testimony of what God is doing and continues to do in their lives. This was the case in the early Church. Men and women were able to give powerful testimony of events and experiences that could only be explained as a work of God.




God desires to build a testimony in each of us. Each of us is one of God's chosen vessels to reflect His power in and through us. When others see this power reflected, they are impacted because they cannot explain that power. God desires to frame your life with experiences designed to reflect the character and nature of Christ. Sometimes these events can be very devastating, but they are designed to reveal His power in and through us.




Every one of us has a testimony. What would others say your testimony is today? Can others see God's work in your life? Is your testimony one of Bible knowledge only? Are things happening in your life that can only be explained as God? These can be problematic questions for each of us. Ask God to build a testimony of His life in and through you today.



By O.S. Hillman

6 comments:

David said...

I really enjoy Os Hillman. Remember there is not testimony without a test. Happy Fathers Day

Unknown said...

I have just got off the phone with someone I haven't seen since I was in elementary school and he was in high school running around with my cousin. The entire talk was mostly about life and the horrific life he lived at the hands of his religious demon of a step-mother. He now drinks every day the sun comes up and has no desire whatsoever of stepping inside ANY church doors, no matter what is going on inside, because of the abuse he went through! I hope God planted a seed in his heart to reconsider because of something I said, but after the churchy talk, he spent about an hour telling me how I should get all dressed up, go to church tonight and get over Mr. Heartbreak and move on!lol

photogr said...

Anthens:

Sounds like good advice. It is sad some one can spoil the grace of God by being radical and fanatical. Lets hope he can look for God's grace and realize it was a human hand that turned him away, not God.

photogr said...

David:

That might be a fact but I think God really does not want to test you as much as He wants you to come into His grace willingly and with humility when you can realize He is there to help and give comfort in a crisis if only you will accept Him.

Tracy said...

I like that you wrote about our heavenly father as you're thinking of Father's Day.

I'm grateful that in His goodness He works in my life so I do have a testimony of His grace, mercy, patience and work in my life.

photogr said...

Tracy:

I think we all would have a testimonial if we all would believe in Him as Our God through faith alone.