Saturday, May 22, 2010

A CROSS BY THE SEA: MATURITY


As I think I am maturing in the faith, I have began to realize that I am not as mature as I think I am as far as faith. Much like when I was a teenager thinking I had all the answers to life's mysteries only to find out later in life I didn't have a clue back then.

There are so many mysteries and miracles in having faith in God that even as adults we cannot fathom the ramifications of all those mysteries and miracles. Only by the scriptures do we gain an understanding of what God is telling us but yet there are still mysteries to be disclosed by God. I would imagine when He feels we are mature enough to accept these mysteries, He will reveal them to us. I have begun to understand this based on my reading scriptures. As an example I read a passage say a few years back and didn't get a message. I re read the same passage today and the message pops off the page opening up a door to a new understanding of that passage.

In reading Revelations, ( which I have read a few times over the years) I get a deeper understanding each time. It is as if I am given more knowledge each time I read Revelations even though the words were there all this time. Yet there are still mysteries to be revealed from Revelations. As I mature, I would imagine more mysteries will be revealed to me in time. I am beginning to get the idea that all of the mysteries and miracles are embedded in the scriptures and that in time they will all be revealed to all of the faith. As it has been said, the heavens will be revealed to us and there will be an expansion of knowledge beyond our imagination. I would have to think that time is fast approaching.

Have I reached maturity yet? No. I am still a child in the faith. I have much to learn and a short time to do it. How is your maturity in the faith?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You're so right Larry. Our faith truly is a miraculous mystery. I adore the way you say that:

"I read a passage say a few years back and didn't get a message. I re read the same passage today and the message pops off the page opening up a door to a new understanding of that passage"

Just as it says in Hebrews 4:12-
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Because God's Word is alive and active, He uses it to grow us, challenge us, change us.

photogr said...

Tracy: Will I ever mature in the faith? In a way possibly not.

As it is stated by Jesus in Mark 10:verse 15: "Verily I say unto you, Whoso ever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therin."

I would have to imagine when He says "Verily I say unto you", he means it as a warning.

Thanks for dropping by.